Participants must declare, confirm and agrees as follows before registering online ...
I declare, confirm and agree as follows and I/my ward ...
- Believe that the information given by me/my ward in the registration form is true and me/my ward is/am solely responsible for the accuracy of this information.
- Have fully understood the risk and responsibility of participating in the Ramanagara Marathon, or any event outlined in this registration (collectively "the event") and will be participating entirely at my/his/her risk and responsibility.
- Understand the risk of participating on a course with vehicular traffic, even if the course may be regulated/ policed.
- Understand that l/my ward must be of, and must train to, an appropriate level of fitness to participate in such a physically demanding event and l/my ward have obtained a medical clearance from a registered medical practitioner, allowing me/ my ward to participate in the event/s.
- For myself/ourselves and our legal representatives, waive all claims of whatsoever nature against any and all Sponsors of the event, Ramanagara City, all political entities, authorities and officials, all contractors and construction firms working on or near the course, all Ramanagara Marathon Committee persons, officials and volunteers and all other persons and entities associated with the event and the directors, employees, agents and representatives of all or any of the aforementioned including, but not limited to, any claims that might result from me/my ward participating in the event and whether on account of illness, injury, death or otherwise.
- Agree that if I am/my ward is injured or taken ill or otherwise suffer/s any detriment whatsoever, I hereby irrevocably authorize the event officials and organizers to, at my/our risk and cost, transport me/my ward to a medical facility and/or to administer emergency medical treatment and l/my ward waive/s all claims that might result from such transport and/or treatment or delay or deficiency therein. I shall pay or reimburse to you my/my ward's medical and emergency expenses and l/my ward hereby authorize/s you to incur the same.
- Shall provide to event officials such medical data relating to me/my ward as they may request. I agree that nothing herein shall oblige the event officials or organizers or any other person to incur any expense or to provide any transport or treatment.
- In case of any illness or injury caused to me or my ward or death suffered by me or my ward due to any force majeure event including but not limited to fire, riots or other civil disturbances, earthquakes, storms, typhoons or any terrorist act, none of the sponsors of the event or any political entity or authorities and officials or any contractor or construction firms working on or near the course, or any of the Ramanagara Marathon Committee persons, officials or volunteers, or any persons or entities associated with the event or the directors, employees, agents or representatives of all or any of the aforementioned shall be held liable by me/my ward or my/my ward's representatives.
- Understand, agree and irrevocably permit Yellow and Red Foundations Team, to share the information given by me/my ward in this registration, with all/any entities associated with the Ramanagara Marathon, at its own discretion.
- Understand, agree and irrevocably permit Yellow and Red Foundations Team, to use my/my ward's photograph which may be photographed on Race Day and/or during the Ramanagara Marathon, for various purposes including promoting the Ramanagara Marathon, at its own discretion.
- Shall not hold the organizers and all/any of the event sponsors responsible for loss of my/his/her registration form and/or registration fee in transit.
I/my ward understand and agree to the event terms and guidelines;
- Ramanagara Marathon reserve the right to publish the names of the runners, are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by Ramanagara Marathon or a promoter in connection with publicity for/or relative to the event.
- Organizers reserves the right to disqualify late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries.
- Organizers decision is final and we reserve the right not to correspond on any matter.
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and complementary' cannot be transferred or sold.
- For online entries: The promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website and is not responsible for any disruption to the promotion or the website due to technical problems or otherwise due to events outside of its reasonable control.
I/my ward also have read, understand and agree Cancellation and Refund Policy...
- No request for cancellation will be entertained, regardless of circumstances, once the registration is completed.
- No request for a refund of registration fees will be entertained, regardless of circumstances. If the event is canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the organizers, the registration fee paid by you for participation will be adjusted towards your participation on a new date. In the event of you being unable to participate on the new date you will not be eligible for a refund.
Summary of general guidelines + Hazards and risks
"It is better to follow the dictates of your body — not your ambitions!"
- Every entrant should understand that participating in Ramanagara Marathon is at the participant’s own risk. Ramanagara Marathon is also among one of the physically challenging running events in Karnataka and running it presents numerous medical risks, few of which can be extremely serious or on rare occasions fatal.
- Prior to the run, each runner is strongly encouraged to consult with his or her own doctor about any physical or medical potential limitations. Adequate physical and mental conditioning prior to the rune is mandatory. If you have not been able to prepare properly, it is best to not attempt the run.
- Please keep in mind that inspite of having experienced medical personnel at various points along the course, the difficult accessibility of some of the routes may make it impossible for any of our medical assistance to reach the runner immediately. At selected aid stations, at the start of the run and at the finish line, the medical staff will focus on how the runner feels and looks but ultimately runners must understand their own limitations.
- It is important for each entrant to recognise the potential physical and mental stresses, which may evolve from participation in this event. Runners may be subject to extremes of heat and cold, hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration, hypoglycemia, hyponatremia, disorientation and mental and physical exhaustion.
- Please also understand that rescue, medical decisions and actions may have to be taken on your behalf under extreme time constraints and adverse circumstances and that event management will never be responsible for any debts incurred. We will make the best efforts to give assistance at all time but ultimately and primarily you are in charge. Be careful, be responsible, and do not exceed your own abilities and limitations. In the event that a runner requires emergency evacuation, the runner assumes all financial obligations connected with this service.
What to do in an emergency or coming across and injured runner?
- In an emergency the participant shall give a series of short blasts on their whistle. Any team hearing a distress signal must abandon their course and help in any way needed.
- If an incident occurs, please contact one of the Energy Station staff or a bike patrol volunteer, or a medical/safety officer on the course. They will radio one of the safety personnel to respond, or will call in an ambulance.
- If someone is hurt then wait for the next participant to arrive and send them forward (or backwards if closer) to the nearest Energy Station The marshal will make contact with the paramedics directly or via the Event Director/Managers. Once contacted wait at that point till the paramedic team arrives and lead them to the injured person.
In no circumstance leave the injured person alone.